When you first enter the world of special education, you may feel overwhelmed and by a sea of acronyms and laws. Don’t worry, there is help! SELPA 1 CAC is a group of parents and community members committed to helping students and families understand their rights and communicate with their district to receive appropriate special education services.
A good place to start the 2- page “I am Concerned About my Child” (“Estoy Preoccupado“). This is a summary of our Parent Handbook, which offers much more detailed insights into special education in our area.
Connect with us:
- Join our email list to connect with other parents and ask questions.
- Call our “warm line”, we usually respond to questions in 1-3 days. If we don’t know the answers, we’ll direct you to someone who will. 650-241-9712
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow our mental health support page on Instagram
- Still have questions? Email us
Learn with us:
- Come to our monthly parent support groups, they are always free and no RSVP is required.
Grow with us:
- We offer free parent education events that are open to the community and no RSVP is needed.
Volunteer with us:
We meet monthly to plan events and discuss what’s happening in our districts. New or experienced parents are welcome at any of our steering committee meetings.